Ahh Ha Moment

 Sometimes a painting just does not sit right, you think it is finished but something niggles you and you have to look at it for quite a while until you have that ahh ha! moment.  This happened with the large piece I painted to go in my entrance way.  40”x30” stretched canvas, it was of a large whale and it caused me several hours of frustration, changing and emerging into a piece I thought was done.  Varnished and hardware and signed it was hung in the allotted place.  I glanced at it, I analyzed it and I ignored it, then finally one day I said to my husband, it’s too dark!  Back down to the studio it went and then came that ahh ha! moment and it emerged finally finished and its creator loving it.   





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring and Playing

Plein Air Painting

Colour palettes