Plein Air Painting

 I have been painting many years and unlike a lot of Artists I know, I hate painting outside.  I have friends who hike, bike and take sketch books and canvas with them and spend hours painting on site.  I have on occasion done it, I have to say I am a fly magnetic and the days I have done it, the weather turns blisteringly hot.  I use acrylic and a messy artist at the best of times, but when I take to Plein Air, I escalate to a whole new level of paint coverage.  The closest I have come to enjoying this form of painting is on a tropical beach, under an umbrella, in front of the sea, sipping a large alcoholic drink with umbrellas in it.  Using water colours are far easier than acrylics and a much easier clean up.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring and Playing

Colour palettes